Thursday, July 4, 2013

In The Spotlight: Karine Sultan

Karine Sultan is an esteemed French artist and a go-to for Hollywood stylists. Her line, Karine Sultan Paris, is the result of a remarkable 20-year journey in creative jewelry design and craftsmanship. Now living in L.A., Karine designs for women of all ages. What we love? Her timeless manipulation of basic metals. Distressed, twisted, hammered, cutout... each piece is truly unique. 
Here, Karine shares a bit of the mystery behind her designs.
Where do you find your design inspiration?
My design is a reflection of what I feel and experience. It might start with a simple bracelet that anybody could find anywhere. After spending some time just looking at objects, clothes, or even people surrounding me, I turn my inspiration into shape.
What prompted your move from the high-style Paris scene?
I had the opportunity to open my first US boutique. And L.A. has a style reputation of its own – the beautiful and interesting architecture, the culture, and most importantly the people of the West Coast, have definitely influenced my design style – organic elegance.






You can also find me at: http://www.facebook.com/JustFabMe

You can also me at: http://justfabulousme.kitsylane.com
Thank you to the The Style Hub


No comments:

Post a Comment