Thursday, July 4, 2013

Designer: Sheree Whitfield


We're thrilled to welcome back Sheree Whitfield - with us from the start of Kitsy Lane, she's back to launch her brand-new line, offered exclusively to the Kitsy Lane community. With a resume that includes casting on The Real Housewives of Atlanta, her career in fashion and retail is something she's been at for years. Her fresh-off-the-press line features loads of full-on style elements, but don't let that fool you - what we love about her designs is their ability to transition effortlessly from a white-tee look to ballgown occasion. 
We were recently able to score some time with the busy (and stylish) woman at a recent photo shoot where we got the scoop on her style, design process, and inspiration. See below for the scoop!   

By way of introduction, how would you describe your personal style? 
Sensible, versatile, feminine yet sexy, and with a bit of edge.
And what inspired you to create your line? 
Having owned and operated a retail business for many years, it came natural to me. It is my passion and has always been my true interest.
What’s your favorite material to work with? 
I love feathers and anything with texture, it breathes life into jewelry in such a unique way.
What kind of woman do you have in mind when you design? 
She is active and fashionable, cares deeply about her family, cares about her health and still yet aspires for more for herself and her family... I love to interact with this woman - she is my inspiration.
Any favorite places to go for a design break or ways you stay refreshed? 
I love my workouts - whether strength training, pilates, yoga, or bike riding. I get refreshed through my daily exercise routine. It’s very powerful for me.
Tell us about your design studio!
My design studio is in my home so I can multi-task. I pull tearsheets from color palettes in nature shoots, I watch and listen to women I see every day and I like to mix it up with a bit of my personal soul and style. I often spend a lot of time perfecting a base design, then add dimension to finish it off really nicely.
The Lookbook: SheBySheree
Inside: the casual-luxe look of SheBySheree
We're so thrilled to be the exclusive destination for Sheree Whitfield's jewelry collection from SheBySheree. Come with us and take a closer look!
 
We had a great time catching up with Sheree the other day at the photo shoot for her exclusive new launch on Kitsy Lane. Her style is so right on, and we were dying to ask her a few questions about how to take ours to the next level.
When picking an outfit, where do you start? 
I plan for the full day. I often run from morning to evening and need a look that will get me through all the phases of the day. I like layering for that reason - great accessories, ways to mix it up without a full change out.
What do you never leave the house without? 
I never leave the house without the right accessories, whether a scarf, earrings, ring, or bracelets. It keeps my look fresh!
Do you have a signature piece? 
I always wear earrings as a way to accent my outfit, regardless of whether it’s a day or night outing. 
The first piece of jewelry you remember owning:
I always remember wearing a great gold pair of hoop earrings, timeless as they have come to be.
If you’re headed out for a night on the town, what’s an essential?
A great pair of fab shoes are my going-out essentials! A great shoe can make any outfit work hard and stand out.
Favorite jewelry elements?
As you will see by my collection, I love feathers and tassels.
What are you currently coveting/on the hunt for?
I am really enjoying the versatile fun look of headbands and want to weave this element into my growing new line.
Talk to us about your favorite trend at the moment. 
I love big chain links and how they can make the basic white shirt interesting and personalize your look quickly and affordably.

A tip from Sheree Whitfield, Designer & Boutique Owner

"I love reaching out to everyday women and helping them look great every day. Having owned and operated a retail business for many years, it is my passion and has always been my true interest. It takes the same passion to run an online store. I handpick each week’s selections to complement my own new line of jewelry. Stick with it, be consistent and persistent. When you communicate, be transparent and open to conversation."
ShebySheree
BIANCA RING
Resembling a crown, this cushiony cocktail piece is encrusted with two-tone crystal accents - just the thing we've been looking for take things up a notch. 


- Gold-plated ring with some hematite settings 

- Clear CZ accents

- 1" diameter
- Sizes 6 to 8

ShebySheree
EVELYN EARRINGS
These two-tone numbers are lighthearted and full of fancy. Openwork, hollow filigree accents keep things light and classic with a modern sensibility.



RSVP TO: The annual cookie swap and wine-tasting with your neighbors.


- Gold-plated metal with hematite
- 2" long
- Post back for pierced ears

ShebySheree
SASHA RING
Cocktail style comes to life in this little number, featuring a single large, jet-black faceted stone with grey pave stones sprinkled around for added glam. At once understated and over-the-top, it's the perfect solution to an outfit needing a dose of added oomph.



RSVP TO: Late-night drinks.


- Polished gold-plated setting, with faceted topaz and Swarovski crystals
- 1" diameter faceted stone 
- Available sizes 6 to 9

ShebySheree
WHITNEY EARRINGS
Nothing like a long pair of danglies to inject instant chic. Hovering above a sleek blouse or peeking out of long, loose hair, the waterfall of chain adds movement and intrigue to any look.



- Gold-plated, multi- chain drop earrings with jet black faceted stones

- 2" long
- Eurowire closure

ShebySheree
MONET EARRINGS
A waterfall of golden chains trickles down from a blue teardrop adding whispers of elegance to your look. 

- 2 1/2" long 

- Antiqued gold-plated chain and filigree 

- Clear and indigo blue Swarovski crystals
- Post back closure for pierced ears

ShebySheree
LANAI
A jumble of chains to befit boho and chic looks alike. Whether peeking from beneath jacket sleeves or layered with friendship bracelets, upper-edge atmosphere it adds is unmistakable.

- Gold-plated globe with Swarovski crystal accents

- 2" long tassel charm

- 6" diameter 
- Lobster claw clasp with 1" extenderBRACELET

You can also find me at: http://www.facebook.com/JustFabMe

You can also me at: http://justfabulousme.kitsylane.com
Thank you to the The Style Hub





No comments:

Post a Comment