Thursday, July 4, 2013

Designer: Debra Shepard

Debra Shepard is a pioneer in the modern jewelry world for designing an earring that requires no backing (yes, you can lose that stash of erasers in your fashion-fix-it kit). We love her lightweight yet dramatic designs that dazzle and command attention in every light - and so does Hollywood!

You have such a large celebrity following. How do you continue to design for the everyday woman?
Most of the designs spotted on celebs like Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Hilary Duff, and Fergie were initially created as one-of-a-kind or limited edition 24K gold designs. Today, I’m excited to offer both sterling silver and gold vermeil jewelry styled after my most popular celebrity designs.
How do you want women to feel when they wear your pieces?
I want women to feel pretty, playful, and feminine – with a genuine sense of ease and comfort. When I can make that happen, I know I’m on the right path.
Where do you find your inspiration?
My inspiration comes from the process of design itself. I love to surround my workspace with the colors, shapes, and textures of nature. I manipulate these natural elements to achieve new perspectives and insight.
What inspired you to pioneer a new style of earring?
I was convinced earrings could be designed without post backings in a way that would make them lighter and more comfortable.  But I also wanted earrings that would inspire a sense of playfulness and fun. So I attached a thin strand of sterling silver chain to the end of an earring post, then threaded the post and chain through three piercings in my right ear. Then I thought, “I’m on to something…”
How do threader earrings stay on?
With all threader earring purchases, we provide complimentary hypoallergenic, surgical silicone O-stop backs. To keep your threader earring in place, slide the O-stop onto the bottom of the earring post or slide further onto the chain at the length you want your threader earrings to rest. The O-stop will keep your threader earrings secure, however, many people wear our threader earrings without backs.
You can also find me at: http://www.facebook.com/JustFabMe

You can also me at: http://justfabulousme.kitsylane.com
Thank you to the The Style Hub

No comments:

Post a Comment