Thursday, June 13, 2013

Designer Spotlight: Handcrafted, but hardly hauteur. Meet Kristine Lopez

Welcome back to my blog.  I found great information on one of my designers at JustFabulousMe.  She has created beautiful jewelry that can be worn with any outfit.  I hope you enjoy this blog.

posted in Designer Spotlight

Tales of Hardcouture

20130409-021322.jpg
Nowadays, you don’t have to look too hard for fashion with that bohemian flair, but looks by Hardcouture tend to stand out from the crowd. Sure, the line makes the perfect complement to flowing skirts and loose peasant shirts, evoking the world traveler and the otherworldly. But if you’re wondering what to wear with lace and airy chiffon, you’ll love romantic touches like delicate chains, crescents, shells, and seahorses. Not to mention, that golden, fire-polished beadwork gives every style an air of luxury.
Hardcouture owes its unique vision to head designer Kristine Lopez, lover of cinematography and fashion photography. Lopez grounds fantasy in hard luxury with embellished chains, delicate beadwork, and handcrafted quality. We can’t speak for you, but Hardcouture’s had us dreaming about these looks from the moment we saw them. With features in American and Russian editions of Vogue and a show at L.A. Fashion Week, Kristine has captured the public’s imagination since 2009. Now, she’s captured ours, too.
So tell us, where do you hail from?
I grew up in “the valley” – San Fernando Valley, that is. But at the moment, I’m gypsy-living it between Los Angeles and Orange County.
If you could describe your style in less than five words, what would they be?
Vintage-inspired, sultry, exquisite, and chic.
Where do you get your inspiration?
I draw inspiration from a theme or concept I have in mind for a collection. Once I day-dream up an idea, I can’t let it go. And it becomes a headpiece, a dress, and then a whole wardrobe.
Any story to the materials or production process?
I rarely sketch out my designs. What pushes me from conception to production is going out to my downtown L.A. suppliers and looking for that specific fabric or lace trim and touching the actual material. I create samples, tweak it, and ask friends’ opinions – then finally showcase it in a new collection for buyers to stock in their boutiques!
What’s your favorite spot for a design break?
I’m quite a foodie so I love trying out new restaurants after a long work day. My favorite restaurant right now is Urth CaffĂ©. They have amazing breakfasts, pastries, and green tea.
As a designer, how do you like to see your pieces styled?
I love it when girls wear Hardcouture with florals, maxi skirts, and layers of jewelry. I think my line’s always had a bohemian vibe.
Any celebrities who pull off the look you’re going for?


Vanessa Hudgens definitely epitomizes the girl that wears Hardcouture.
If you could only wear one piece of jewelry for a year, what would it be?
I’ve been obsessed with this one necklace I recently made, a gold-filled chain and simple beads. I wore it for a week straight after I finished it. That will definitely be in the next collection.
Best styling advice you ever received?
Always take off one item before you leave the house … but I bring all my jewelry in my purse. So if I decide to switch out, I have options!
Best business advice you ever received?


Focus on your own accomplishments and don’t compare yourself to others. Sometimes I can be hard on myself and wish I’m doing as well as more established companies, but then I’m reminded that I am so young and I’ve only really started.
Sultry and serene, ethereal and eye-catching, and a little unconventional, Hardcouture hits a note of pure harmony between romance and boho-beauty. Perfection, no? What do you think about Hardcouture?
Here are some of her creations that I have at: https://justfabulousme.kitsylane.com/join/yLhVyQv
The perfect piece to accompany an all-white summer ensemble. The Sammie headpiece doubles as a necklace - cool and gypsy chic!
- Brass; resin beads
- One size fits most
Dreaming about upcoming days at the beach? Then look no further to see a sign those days are coming. The Seychelle Bracelet is crafted from round ivory beads and faceted gold ones, and features a polished gold seashell between two decorative spacer beads. 
- Gold plate
- 2" diameter
- Stretch fit


The exquisite Charlotte Necklace flaunts edged up style for everyday undone elegance. Comprised of embellished brass coins on a delicate rolo chain, this piece looks great alone or with other chains of varying lengths.
- Brass 
- 24" long
- Lobster clasp closure

Happiness and good fortune are yours for the taking when you are wearing the Hannah Hamsa Bracelet. Wear it alone or stack it with your other bracelets.
- Gold plated
- 8" adjustable
- Lobster clasp closure

Unleash your inner bohemian with the Haley Headpiece. This headpiece is constructed from gold chains and features an intricate diamond shaped filigree at the center.
- Gold plated
The Hoda Necklace is refreshingly original. It features an intricately designed antique spindle that hangs from a delicate rolo chain. Equal parts vintage and chic, Hoda is utterly irresistible.
- Gold plated
- 28" long
- Lobster clasp closure

Thanks again, for reading my blog.  I will return with new blogs information. 

You can also find me at: http://www.facebook.com/JustFabMe


Thank you The Style Hub for the article


No comments:

Post a Comment