Saturday, June 15, 2013

Designer Spotlight: Vintage Chic Goes Modern with Sierra Bailey

I am proud to introduce you to Sierra Bailey.  She is a designer with a great talent and a true artist in her craft.


20130403-140746.jpg
Sierra Bailey always had a talent for fishing out flea market finds, and once she began crafting her collection of antique treasures into jewelry, she discovered she had an even greater gift for design. Thus, Manic Trout – a funky, vibrant line with a vintage flair – was born. As its name may suggest, her look is intended for those manic moments you find between formal events and casual, everyday routine – the occasions she believes make for life’s most vivid and cherished memories.
While she’s passionate about handmade craftsmanship and supporting local artisans, her unique, exuberant line is catching the attention of a wider crowd, making a splash on the set of Gossip Girl and in online issues of Marie Claire, InStyle, and Glamour. Now, her look’s reeled us in, too.
Where do you get your inspiration?
I find inspiration by constantly looking for it! No joke. I love travel, photography, books, magazines, and blogs – I read through about 300 blogs a day and a book a week. I am constantly observing my surroundings and collecting beautiful images along the way. I try to travel as much as possible, as it both inspires and refuels my desire to create. I am always observing, learning, and doing new things – it keeps the ideas flowing!
Any story to your materials or production process?
I tend to pick up trinkets and baubles in my travels. If something catches my eye, it may end up gracing my studio shelves as inspiration. Vintage lockets, buttons, charms, beads, toys, chandelier crystals, drawer pulls, chains, and scarves have all been used in my work over the years, and I am always on the lookout for unusual objects to turn into jewelry.
If you had to describe your style in five words or less, what would they be?
Colorful, unique, quirky, pretty, feminine. 

Best styling advice you ever received?
Wear what works for your body type, not trends. Invest in pieces that will last a lifetime, that always make you feel amazing when you wear them. For me, this means full skirts and dresses with high waists and bright, colored patterns – I have tons of them!
And how about the business side of design – what’s the best advice you’ve received on that end?
Focus on the big picture and not the day-to-day successes or you’ll drive yourself crazy during lulls. Growth takes time. There will be days of amazing highs and days with depressing lows. When you look back over a year, you forget about the little hurdles … you only remember the end result.
What’s your favorite spot for a design break?
Cuddled on the couch with my dog, my husband, and a book. My favorite thing in the world to do.
How do you like to see your pieces styled? Is there a type of woman you have in mind when you design?
I design for women who love to have their own look, who do not want to blend in with the crowd and look like everyone else. I love when I see women in my jewelry who make it part of who they are, like wearing a necklace on their wrist, or mixing a piece in with their grandmother’s necklace and their daughter’s macaroni chain. One of my necklaces was worn in Redbook Magazine by Gabrielle Anwar (from Burn Notice) as a headband. It looked so fun and different, I loved it!
Here are some of the jewelry available at JustFabulousMe.
Emerald green is the color of the year so you'll be right in vogue wearing this faceted beaded emerald necklace with its golden mascot, a foxy fox from Manic Trout.
- Semi precious stones, goldplate
- 18" long

Maureen is star of the sea and this necklace will make you stand out like one. Double strand of blue and green beads come together with a beautiful, textured gold starfish from Manic Trout.
- Goldplate, semi precious stones
- 18" long
- Lobster claw clasp

Who's the queen bee? You are when you wear this beautiful chalcedony bracelet with its golden bee from Manic Trout. A honey of an accessory!
- Goldplate, chalcedony
- 7 3/4" long

For the business man with a sweet side, the Carmen Cuffs will add a little color and give your dress shirts elegantly balanced visual appeal.
- Silver plate; lucite
- 3/4"

Thank you for reading my new posting. 
You can also find me at: http://www.facebook.com/JustFabMe


Thank you The Style Hub for the article



No comments:

Post a Comment